I am pleased to be a guest on David Ellis’s blog, TooFullToWrite.com where we chat about why I chose to re-visit the Mental Damnation series and my joy of transmedia storytelling.
Here’s the questions we cover:
- Let’s start with your volumes that feature under the moniker of the “Mental Damnation” series. Tell us more about the background behind the series, why you chose this specific name for the books as a whole, the trials and tribulations that your lead protagonists face and what directions you see the series going in.
- You also have a stand-alone novel called “Seed Me”, which has been favourably compared to “John Dies at the End” by David Wong, which if you like that novel then you are really going to enjoy this particular outing. How does “Seed Me” differ from your Mental Damnation series, what is the particular theme/premise behind it and what can we expect to find in terms of plot and character arcs (no spoilers please, though!)
- If any of your novels were to be made into films (or even a TV series), who would you cast in the lead roles?
- What do you find the most difficult thing about writing? And what do you find the easiest?
- Who are some of the authors and historical figures that inspire you?
- What sort of research do you do to write your books?
- Why do you write? What inspired you to become a writer?
- What keeps you motivated during creative slumps? How do you deal with Writers Block?
- You have access to a time machine. What advice would you give to your younger self?
- How do you spend your free time when you are not writing?
- Tell us more about your upcoming projects. Are you working on anything specific or have plans in the pipeline?
- Finally, are there any nuggets of wisdom that you can impart to other aspiring writers?