My short story Death Shot is featured in Terrace VI Forbidden Fruit. The Seventh Terrace was kind enough to have me on the blog to chat about the short story, gluttony, and cooking!
We cover the following:
- Konn, please tell us a little about yourself in exactly twenty-seven words.
- What does gluttony mean to you? Is it inherently a bad thing? How does that play into your story of excessive consumption found in this unwholesome volume?
- Tell us about a time you overindulged, like really stuffed yourself silly…with anything.
- Which of your characters could you see popping up again in other stories?
- Since we conscripted a recipe from you, tell us about your usefulness in the kitchen. Does preparing food get your creative gravy gushing?
- If you were to massively overdose on cocaine and wind up at the Purgatorio Bar & Grill, who would you hope to run into there? And would you sell a soul to save your own?
- What’s next for you? Any forthcoming releases, hatchings, or germinations we should be on the lookout for?
About Terrace VI Forbidden Fruit
Welcome to the Sixth Terrace of Dante’s tower of Purgatory, serving up sins of gluttony in an eternal banquet. On this carefully curated menu you’ll find children stuffing themselves to death, a forgotten saviour gorging on cheeseburgers between bareknuckle rounds on the roadhouse circuit, wealthy socialites revel in an orgiastic alien feast, and the end of days as seen through an apocalyptic carnival of indulgence. Excessive consumption also manifests in darker hungers, for cruelty, for distraction, or possession. A pair of grifters bent on having it all chase a Scottish leprechaun across the English countryside, a newly deceased addict vies for the attention of Heavenly Higher Ups, degenerate poker players gamble with unforeseen currency, and when an old lady swallows a fly, it’s just the beginning…
Featuring nine stories of grotesque appetite and glorious excess from a gory gaggle of creators, they say too much of anything is poison, yet these condemned swallow each piece of forbidden fruit while reaching for the next, never to be sated. They can’t help themselves. Can you?
Gluttony. Aliens. Sex. Occasionally all at the once. THIS ANTHOLOGY IS A STUNNING TOUR DE FORCE AND AN ABSOLUTE MASTERPIECE — understated praise made of my own free will. I have not been coerced. (Blink). Let me repeat: I have not been coerced (Blink). (BLINK). — PJ Vernon
Featuring stories and art by:
- Mike Thorn (Darkest Hours, Shelter for the Damned)
- Robin van Eck (Rough)
- Eddie Generous (Camp Summit, What Lurks Beneath, Behemoth Rising)
- Julie Hiner (Final Track)
- Konn Lavery (Mental Damnation Series, Rutherford Manor Series)
- Cam Hayden (Futility, Red Flag)
- Sarah L. Johnson (Suicide Stitch, Infractus)
- Robert Bose (Fishing with the Devil)
Leave a Reply